Friday, August 9, 2013

The Name of the Lord

Psa 20:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
What is the name of the God of Jacob?
I checked several translations and none of them proclaim His name. The only one that comes close is the "Complete Jewish Bible." But even it is only a title: "Adonai."
In response to Moses' question, "Who shall I say has sent me?" God replied, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14, NKJV)
I AM is expressed in Hebrew by the word "Jehovah" or "Yahovah."
God went on in verse 15 to declare, "This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations."
While God has many titles (such as Adonai) He has one name and it is the name that brings us salvation in the time of trouble. His name is Jehovah! It is the name that sets Him apart from all other gods.
Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.
Let us call out that special and wonderful name often and not be ashamed to do so. He wants His name declared especially by His children who are called by His name. Why should be ashamed of His name or think it too Holy to say?
Jehovah, I love you and I will gladly and proudly proclaim your name and identify myself as being one of your children.







No comments:

Post a Comment